Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Baby


Earlier this week, a co-worker was showing me some pictures of a newborn baby. They were beautiful pictures taken by a professional photographer and, not surprisingly, the baby was asleep.

There is something about a picture of a sleeping baby that almost stops my breath. They look so tranquil and peaceful, so innocent, that somehow you just feel like everything is going to be alright.

I know at 5-1/2 years old, four feet tall and almost 55 pounds, David is no longer a baby. But, he is my youngest and I am fiercely protective of him. He is my baby. Sometimes I sneak into his room at night to watch him sleep. And, no matter what has happened during the day, somehow I get an overwhelming feeling that everything is going to be alright.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. When Audrey is sleeping, it's the closest I get to seeing her as a baby again. Something about the eyelashes...or something...I don't know exactly what. But I still look at her sleeping ALOT. And I wonder how old she will have to be before I stop.

    ReplyDelete