Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Dietary Deception

I have tried to phrase this in the most nurturing, motherly, encouraging way that I can, but the best I seem to be able to do is LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE.

Here is the paper plate that I pulled from David's backpack a few days ago.


In the event that it is somewhat hard to discern from this picture, here are the items that David chose to fill his plate and placed under the heading "I like to eat."

Hamburgers
Fruit of some indeterminate variety looking somewhat similar to apples, but that do not really appear to be apples.
Canned sliced peaches
Oranges
Totino's Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
M&M's, both original and peanut
Peppers in almost every color of the rainbow known to peppers
And, my personal favorite, store brand pinto beans


As I may have mentioned here previously, David is an extremely picky eater. There is not a single thing pictured on his plate that he will eat. Not the hamburger. Not the fruit. Or the vegetables. Not the pinto beans, or legumes of any variety, for that matter. Not even the candy.

While David did manage to pick a pretty well rounded imaginary diet for his paper plate, in reality, to say that I worry about his diet is a gross understatement.

So, in the most loving way that I can muster, I must repeat.

LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing! I must say that when I saw the plate, I was encouraged and really quite impressed that David had rounded and expanded his diet so much! As usual, you have me laughing! David is quite the charming little character!

    ReplyDelete